The findings from Miller’s toxicology tests have been revealed, and the L.A. County Coroner listed the hip-hop star’s death as “mixed drug toxicity,” listing fentanyl, cocaine and ethanol.
Mac Miller died from a mix of fentanyl and cocaine, according to a toxicology report from the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office. According to the report, at the time of his death on Sept. 7, the rapper had alcohol in his system as well.
“Malcolm McCormick, the music artist known as Mac Miller, was found to have died from mixed drug toxicity, the Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner-Coroner determined,” an announcement on the coroner’s office website reads. “On Sept. 7, McCormick (DOB: 1/19/92) was discovered unresponsive in his home located in the 11600 block of Valleycrest Drive in Studio City. Authorities were called and McCormick was pronounced dead at the scene at 11:51 a.m. On Sept. 8, an autopsy was performed and a cause of death was deferred pending further investigation. It was later determined McCormick died from mixed drug toxicity (fentanyl, cocaine and ethanol).”
According to the coroner’s report, Miller was initially found face down, and the investigator’s noted he had an abrasion on his nose with blood in his right nostril.
He was described as being in the “praying position” with fluid excreting from his mouth. According to the report, investigators collected white powdery substance, non-prescribed medication and a rolled up $20 bill with white powder residue inside. The bill was found in his shorts. An iPad was found on a nearby table with “linear” white powder residue, and investigators believed he was snorting lines off the tablet. Investigators also found an empty 750 ml bottle of alcohol near his body.